Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Middlesex University

Few days ago, I had a short conversation with the deputy dean (DD) of my faculty when I accidentally met him at the staircase as he was on his way heading back to his office. It had been my honour to have the precious moment to talk to him about my PhD plan.

I am quite appreciated of his concern about my progress to preparing for my PhD studies. During the conversation, he had referred one of his friends whom will be joining UTAR soon and has the close connection with the Middlesex University in UK to me. According to him, due to the close connection of his friend with the Middlesex University, I can actually register my name under that university as a part time PhD student under the supervision of his friend and I do not required to reside in the UK for the entire PhD period except viva. The tuition fee is quite acceptable as if compared to those foreign universities in Malaysia. At the end, I would get a certificate issued by the Middlesex University. What an attractive deal, isn't it?


The next day I received an email he sent to his friend and CC to me. I was quite surprised that he had recommended me to his friend about the story he mentioned to me earlier. I really appreciated of his concerns and kindness to recommend me a potential supervisor for my PhD studies. Although I prefer to be a full time PhD student to enjoy my last student life, I would take his advise into the consideration especially during this time of economic crisis which seems quite difficult to obtain a scholarship.

Thanks DD.

No comments:

Post a Comment