Monday, June 15, 2009

Assignments

I have been scratching my head since the semester started about what assignments are to be given to my students. For this semester, I have planned three assignments as the practical exercises for my students to expose them to the object-oriented (OO) environment.

Currently, I have come out two assignments' topics which are quite related to each other. The first one just requires them to develop a simple programme that takes N integers specified in the parameter and perform some calculations. The second one requires them to modularize the operations they developed in the first assignment. I believe through these assignments they should have ideas in mind about the advantages of practicing the modularity and reusability in developing applications.

For the third assignment, I am still on my way to figuring out. Most probably this assignment would require them to develop a simple graphical user interface (GUI) application. However, my focus definitely will not place on GUI as it just to enhance the user experiences. What I am concerning is to get them understand the most important concepts in the OO world, which are the inheritance, polymorphism and the encapsulation. Therefore, the question should not be focused intensively on developing the GUI but to instill the three pillars of the OO concepts to the students.

So ladies and gentlemen, could you suggest me what would be the third assignment for my students?

No comments:

Post a Comment